- Sophomore Margaret “Molly” Maglio has been selected to play for the 2018⁄19 True Lacrosse Girls National Team. Molly will play this June in Vail, Colorado with and against some of the best competition in the nation. Congratulations to Molly on this prestigious honor!. (Mar 2017)
- Aquinas fencers, Harry Hardman, Louie D'Angelo, and Anthony Buck met a strong and talented Taylor Allderdice team in the first round of the Pittsburgh Interscholastic Fencing Association playoffs on Friday, March 3. Despite some strong individual performances, the Crusaders were outscored by the undefeated Dragons 5-1. Team captain Harry Hardman concluded his regular season play with an accomplished individual bout record of 27-2. This is the first year Aquinas has had a complete team of three fencers, and they finished with a 6-3 record! (Mar 3, 2017)
- Ian Schirra, senior, is going to PIAA State Swimming Championships and Y Nationals! Ian earned 4th place medals in the 200 IM (2:01.13) and the 100 breaststroke (59.82) at the WPIAL Swimming Championships, qualifying him for the PIAA State Swimming Championships at Bucknell University later this month. His breaststroke time also qualified Ian for the YMCA National Championship in North Carolina in April. Aquinas swimmers Sam Schirra, freshman, and John Reed, senior, both swam best times at WPIALs. Congratulations to all three Aquinas swimmers! (Mar 3, 2017)
- Three Aquinas swimmers are competing this week in the WPIAL Swimming Championships: John Reed in the 500 freestyle; Ian Schirra in the 200 IM and 100 breaststroke; and Samuel Schirra in the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke. (Mar 2, 2017)
- Congratulations to the Aquinas fencers on earning a spot in the Pittsburgh Interscholastic Fencing Association Championship on Friday, March 3, 2017! The team finished with an admirable 6-3 record. Team captain Harry Hardman concluded his regular season play with an accomplished individual bout record of 26-1, the best in the League. (Feb 2017)
- Dominic Hite announced his commitment to play lacrosse at DeSales University. Robert Phillips has committed to playing soccer for Marietta College. Congratulations to these Aquinas seniors and good luck to them in their college athletics! (Feb 2017)
- The Aquinas high school girls basketball team is the SWCAC Champion! The girls won 44-27, with game MVP Anni Truschel scoring 16 of those Aquinas points. Congratulations, ladies! (Feb 25, 2017)
- Ethan Atta, John Bence, Henry Dingle, Michael Liguori, and Jackson Vollmer were awarded first place in the Lower Division Scene contest for their scene from A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Pittsburgh Public Theater. Congratulations to these boys and their coach, Mr. Michael Flynn! Related Post-Gazette.com article: "Winners chosen in annual Shakespeare Monologue and Scenes competition". (Feb 20, 2017)
- Congratulations to the boys’ and girls’ high school basketball teams on both making it to the SWCAC playoffs again this year! The Lady Crusaders are also the Tri-County League Section Champs!
- Aquinas proudly announces that fifth grade students Ethan Atta, John Bence, Henry Dingle, Michael Liguori, and Jackson Vollmer were one of only five lower division scenes chosen to progress to The Showcase of Finalists of the 23rd Annual Shakespeare Monologue & Scene Contest at Pittsburgh Public Theater. They will perform their scene from A Midsummer Night’s Dream at The Showcase competition on Monday, February 20 at 7pm. Shakespeare Monologue & Scene Contest Finalists. (Feb 17, 2017)
- Congratulations to John Reed, senior, who had a very successful day while representing Aquinas Academy at the YSU regional High School indoor track & field invitational. John finished 3rd out of 72 runners in the 1600m event with a time of 4:32.30, a personal best time and a qualifying time for PA State Championships. John then went on to win the 3200m race, finishing first out of 50 runners with a personal best time of 9:50.56! (Feb 11, 2017)
- Congratulations to the following Aquinas Academy students who achieved first place in the PJAS Region 7 competition: Diego Garcia, Kate McLaughlin, Benjamin Stalder, Ibby Tessier, and Macrina Vollmer. Kate, Benjamin, and Macrina also merited special awards. Katie O’Connell, Riley Fantini, Sydney Komoroski, Evie Archer, Joey Stofko, Juliana Tambellini, and David Whitmer also presented, and represented Aquinas very well in the Regional contest! (Feb 4, 2017)
- John Reed, senior, qualified for WPIAL Swimming Championships with a time of 5:25.79 in the 500 yard freestyle event! Ian Schirra, senior, qualified in a 5th event for WPIAL championships, swimming the 100 freestyle in a school record time of 51.65 seconds. (Jan 2017)
- Congratulations to Jillian Mercer, who won Aquinas Academy's Geo Bee competition for the second time in three years! The Geo Bee is sponsored by the National Geographic Society. Jillian will now take a qualifying test which determines the top 100 scorers in the state, who will then advance to the state level Bee. (Jan 31, 2017)
- Congratulations to Sam Schirra, freshman, on qualifying for WPIAL Swimming Championships in the 100 butterfly with a school record time of 1:02.15. (Jan 24, 2017)
- Sam Schirra, freshman, qualified for WPIAL Swimming Championships in the 100 backstroke and set a new school record in the 100 butterfly. Ian Schirra, senior, qualified for WPIALs in two more events: the 200 IM and in the 100 backstroke, breaking his school record for the backstroke. Congratulations, swimmers! (Jan 19, 2017)
- Aquinas Academy high school students were blessed to hear presentations by Aquinas 8th grade graduate, Maria Petnuch Phelps, and her husband, David Phelps, pitcher for the Miami Marlins. Maria and David met at the University of Notre Dame, and are married with little ones. The couple spoke frankly with students about God’s plan for every person’s life, as well as chastity and the joy of marriage. We are grateful to have had the opportunity to have them share their story with our students. (Jan 18, 2017)
- Congratulations to Ian Schirra, a senior, who qualified in the 50 freestyle and 100 breaststroke for WPIAL Swimming Championships! This is the fourth year in a row that Ian has qualified for WPIALs. (Jan 3, 2017)
- Aquinas’ high school drama was highlighted on page 18 of the December issue of The Hampton News: “The Crucible Brilliantly Performed.” (Dec 2016)
- Aquinas seniors Therese Blume, Brianna Heinz, Olivia Hite, Sophia Kartsonas, Olivia McQuarrie, Theresa Ortiz, Natalie Santucci, Helen Urffer, and Anna Wieneke were among the young women presented during the 53rd Medallion Ball to benefit St. Lucy’s Auxiliary to the Blind. Related articles with photos: from Post-Gazette.com, The 53rd Medallion Ball is held at the Wyndham Grand; and, from Triblive.com, Fanfare: 53rd annual Medallion Ball. (Nov 25, 2016)
- Congratulations to Cailtin Reed for being named All-WPIAL for field hockey and to Dominic Hite for making AA-All Conference Offensive Line in the Three Rivers Conference for football! (Nov 2016)
- Aquinas Fencer, Harry Hardman, captured a Bronze Medal at Kent State in the “Black Squirrel” Senior Mixed Foil competition! Hardman most recently won a silver medal at the “Nightmare on Butler Street,” Corsair Fencing Club’s Halloween Tournament. He is next scheduled to fence this December in the “Crimson Cup” Senior Mixed Foil Tournament hosted by Indiana State University and in the Western Pennsylvania Division Junior Olympics Qualifier. (Nov 19, 2016)
- Congratulations to the seven Aquinas band students who auditioned and were selected for the Diocesan honor band: Grace Burchill, Benjamin Stalder, Rosemary Kenney, Mason Bilenski, Liam Ellis, Julia Meland & Macrina Vollmer! (Nov 2016)
- Congratulations to siblings Rachel and Robert Phillips on being named 2016 All-WPIAL soccer players! (Nov 2016)
- The High School Girls Soccer co-op team is going to states! Their first round PIAA Class A Championship game is against Brockway on Tuesday, November 8th at 7pm at DuBois Area High School. (Nov 2016)
- Congratulations to the Girls Cross Country co-op team on placing 4th in the state at PIAA Cross Country Championships! (Nov 2016)
- Announcing our 2016 All-Section soccer players: Rachel Phillips, Robert Phillips, Brandan Miller, and John Reed honorable mention. Congratulations to these very fine athletes! (Oct 2016)
- So proud of our two Aquinas runners on the Aquinas-Vincentian Cross Country co-op team for their performances at the WPIAL Cross Country Championships! Delaney McCarthy, a junior, had a strong performance, scoring 5th for her team with 27th place and a solid time of 22:04. Chuck Adams, a senior, had a hugely successful last high school race as first man in on the co-op team. It was a true battle between teammates to the finish, with Chuck finishing 43rd out of 187 total runners. His time was a 19:02. (Oct 27, 2016)
- Congratulations to the girls’ Cross Country co-op team on winning WPIAL Cross Country Class A title again this year! These ladies are headed to the PIAA State Championship, for the third year in a row, in Hershey on Saturday, November 5. (Oct 27, 2016)
- Big 5–1 WPIAL playoff win for Aquinas H.S. Boys Soccer against Quigley Catholic. This was the team’s first playoff win in Aquinas history! (Oct 22, 2016)
- Congratulations to the H.S.cross country co-op team, who will compete again this year in the WPIAL Cross Country Championship on Thursday October 27th at Cooper’s Lake! (Oct 2016)
- The H.S. Boys’ and Girls’ soccer teams and the Girls’ Field Hockey Team are all going to WPIAL playoffs again this year! This is the 4th year in a row for the soccer teams and the second year in a row for field hockey. Congratulations to all of our players and best of luck in the playoffs. (Oct 2016)
- Former Aquinas Academy student Gabriel Salibi joined John Flynn, class of '13, as a seminarian at St. Paul Seminary: “New seminarians begin studies.” (PittsburghCatholic.org, Oct 18, 2016)
- Aquinas’ middle school cross country team finished the season well with five medal winners at the Diocesan Cross Country Championship at Cooper’s Lake! (Oct 15, 2016)
- Congratulations to our High School Girls Soccer co-op team — WPIAL Section Champions for the second year in a row! (Oct 13, 2016)
- Aquinas Academy Mathletes won their first Math Madness competition of the Fall 2016 season, beating the Hatboro-Horsham Hatters 23-21! The students compete as a team weekly against other U.S. high school math teams, working individually to solve 8 very challenging math problems in the Math Madness competitions. (Sept 30, 2016)
- Aquinas is proud to announce that seniors Sydney Streib and Helen Urffer have been named Commended Students by the PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Program, with scores in the top 50,000 scores in the United States. (Sept 2016)
- Senior Chuck Adams named on the Boys Cross Country 2016 North Runners to Watch! “Boys Cross Country: 2016 North Runners to Watch”. Chuck runs on the Cross Country team co-op with Vincentian. (PG Publishing Co., Inc., Aug 28, 2016)
- Sophomore Molly Maglio and junior Caitlin Reed named on the Field Hockey: 2016 North Players to Watch! “Field Hockey: 2016 North Players to Watch” and “Field Hockey: 2016 North Season Preview” (PG Publishing Co., Inc., Aug 28, 2016)
- Head of School, Leslie Mitros, shares what makes Aquinas Academy well worth it in this Pittsburgh Quarterly Magazine article, “A Question of Value: Leaders discuss why independent schools are worth it”. (Aug 2016)
- Congratulations to the Class of 2016! They have a lot to be proud of: 106 Acceptances to 56 Different Colleges and Universities; 3 National Merit Finalists and 4 Commended; 1296 Average SAT (Verbal and Math); and $2.8 Million in Merit Scholarships! (Jun 2016)
- Congratulations to our High School Girls’ Lacrosse team on a great first season in WPIAL with three All Section Lacrosse players: Molly Maglio, Hannah Canil, and Rachel Urbash; and one All WPIAL player: Molly Maglio. (May 2016)
- Jillian Mercer recently represented Aquinas Academy at the Diocesan Spelling Bee, competing as one of 43 children from numerous Catholic schools in the Pittsburgh Diocese. Jillian tied for 4th place with 2 other students. Great job, Jillian! (May 2016)
- Congratulations to John Reed on competing at the WPIAL Track Championships. He finished just shy of the state qualifiers, finishing 10th in the 1600m with a time of 4:35.90 and 10th in the 3200m with a time of 10:14.73. (May 19, 2016)
- Congratulations to Scholar Athlete, Joseph Richthammer! Joseph was one of ten young men and ten young women who are high school seniors, recognized by the WPIAL as scholar athletes. Each one received a $1000 scholarship to their college or university. (May 16, 2016)
- Aquinas Academy was very blessed to have our Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh, Bishop David Zubik, visit classes, meet with teachers and board members, and offer Holy Mass. (May 12, 2016)
- Congratulations to our three students who recently played a concert with the Pittsburgh Youth Concert Orchestra (PYCO) at Carnegie Music Hall: Max Meland, trumpet; Harry Scherer, clarinet; and, Susan Meland, French horn. Mahler Symphony No 1 - IV Movement (Highlights) Pittsburgh Youth Concert Orchestra (Apr 29, 2016)
- Aquinas Academy hosted its first High School Fencing Match on April 30th. Congrats to the following Aquinas fencers: Julia So, 2nd in the girls’ event; Harry Hardman, 6th place in the boys’ event; and, Louie D’Angelo, 7th place in the boys’ event. (Apr 30, 2016)
- Congratulations to the following students who earned awards at the Catholic Schools Chess Tournament hosted by Aquinas Academy: in the kindergarten through second grade division, Louis Bentivegna placed 7th, Alex Aulacio placed 6th, and Jonah Burchill placed 1st; in the 3rd and 4th grade division, Benjamin Everson placed 2nd; and in the 5th through 8th grade division, Elijah Vangura placed 1st. (Apr 23, 2016)
- John Reed, an Aquinas Academy junior, was named a 2016 Carson Scholar at the Pittsburgh awards ceremony with Dr. Ben Carson at Heinz Field. After the ceremony, John had the honor of meeting Dr. Carson. Congratulations, John! (Apr 17, 2016)
- Congratulations to Annamarie Hart, Benjamin Stalder, and Rosemary Kenney on a marvelous performance with the North District Honor Band! (Apr 9, 2016)
- March 20th was an exciting day for our Aquinas fencers! Harry Hardman, Julia So, and Louie D’Angelo qualified to compete at the USA Fencing National Championships in Dallas this July. Julia finished in first place winning a gold medal in her event. Harry won a bronze medal in one of his events and a silver medal in his other event. This is a tremendous achievement for our fencers and we wish them well in Dallas! (Mar 2016)
- Jillian Mercer, 6th grade, is the winner of the Aquinas Academy Spelling Bee. She will go on to represent Aquinas at the Diocese of Pittsburgh Elementary Catholic Schools Spelling Bee Grades 4-5-6 on May 11th. Congratulations and good luck, Jillian! (Mar 21, 2016)
- Congrats to Ian Schirra on swimming a best time in the 100 breaststroke at PIAA State Swimming Championships (Boys AA), moving up to finish 18th in the prelims. (Mar 19, 2016)
- Pittsburgh Public Theatre Shakespeare Competition Honorable Mention awards announced: Seth So and Joseph Richthammer’s scene along with Julia So’s monologue were recently awarded Honorable Mention in the competition! Aquinas also had two groups perform in this year’s Showcase of Finalists: Seniors Mary Rose Flynn, Christian Bender, Brennan Woo, and Paul Adams, who performed a scene from Hamlet; and, 5th Graders Julia Meland, Grace Gasior, and Gracie Burchill, who performed a scene from A Midsummer Night’s Dream. [Read More] These students were among the top performers chosen from more than 1,300 participants. The senior group was chosen as one of the top 4 scenes in the Upper Division (8th-12 grade). The 5th grade group was chosen as one of the top 6 scenes in the Lower Division (4th-7th grade). The Showcase of Finalists took place at the O'Reilly Theater on Monday, February 15th. Congratulations to all of the participants in this year’s Shakespeare Monologue and Scene Competition! (Mar 2016)
- Congratulations to the following students who will represent Aquinas Academy at the 49th annual Quigley Classic All-Star Basketball games on April 2nd: Paige Indovina, Catherine Richthammer, Maria Figucia, Laura Richthammer, Gabe Vangura, Timmy Zaharko, Thomas Molenda, and Ian Palmer. Approximately 15 Diocesan Elementary Schools will be represented in the tournament. (Mar 2016)
- Aquinas is very thankful to have had Dominican sisters Sr. Mary Michael and Sr. Maria Frassati spend the day with our students this week, giving a vibrant witness and powerful advice. The sisters visited the lower school classrooms, then spoke with the middle school, emphasizing that in the life of faith, in addition to our own efforts, we receive the help of God’s grace. High school students were taught the important message of “How to Live Counterculturally.” That evening, Sr. Mary Michael gave parents valuable information on “Praying as a Family.” (Mar 15, 2016)
- Steelers star gives inspirational talk to Aquinas Academy students (Trib Total Media, Mar 7, 2016)
- Congratulations to Ian Schirra on qualifying for the PIAA State Swimming Championships on March 16-19, 2016 at Bucknell University! Ian is the first Aquinas swimmer to qualify for States. Ian and John Reed, both juniors, competed in the WPIAL Swimming Championships March 3-4. John swam the 200 and 500 Freestyle. Ian swam the 100 Breaststroke and 200 Individual Medley. Both swimmers achieved their best times at WPIALs. (Mar 4, 2016)
- Aquinas Academy in Hampton ranked No. 1 Catholic School in state by Niche.com (Trib Total Media, Mar 1, 2016)
- Congratulations to the boys’ and girls’ high school basketball teams. They both advanced to the second round of the SWCAC playoffs. Congratulations also to the following players who were recognized as SWCAC all-stars for their superior performance all season: Hannah Canil (1st Team), Elena Liguori (3rd Team), Anni Truschel (3rd Team), Nick Hyrcza (2nd Team), and Joseph Richthammer (2nd Team). (Feb 2016)
- The Pittsburgh Indoor Sprints Rowing races were held on January 30th. Erin McLaughlin raced with the Three Rivers Junior Rowing team in the Lightweight Girls Youth Novice race and won handily. It is her first ever erg race. Congratulations, Erin! (Feb 2016)
- Aquinas Academy is excited to announce our next Speaker Series is Man of Steel, Man of Faith: Alejandro Villaneuva. Join us Thursday, from 7:00pm-8:15pm to hear him share about the importance of his Catholic faith during the challenges he has faced as an Army officer and in pursuit of his NFL dreams. Invite your family and friends and bring your children to hear his amazing story. The event is free and open to the public. Read about Alejandro Villanueva in the Pittsburgh Catholic: Faith warrior: Steelers lineman builds ties to God by John Franko (Feb 19, 2016)
- Congratulations to three seniors — Elena Liguori, Seth So, and Coby Hudac — who have been named finalists in the PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Competition! (Feb 2016)
- We are Number 1! For the second year in a row, Aquinas Academy is ranked at the top of the Best Catholic High Schools in Pennsylvania! (Feb 15, 2016)
- Two groups from Aquinas Academy have advanced to the Showcase of Finalists for this year's Pittsburgh Public Theater Shakespeare Monologue & Scene Contest. Congratulations and “Break a Leg” to seniors Mary Rose Flynn, Christian Bender, Brennan Woo, and Paul Adams; and to 5th Graders Julia Meland, Grace Gasior, and Gracie Burchill. The Showcase of Finalists will take place at the O’Reilly Theatre on Monday, Feb 15th, beginning at 7pm. (Feb 13, 2016)
- Congratulations to our students who competed in this year’s regional Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science (PJAS). High School: 1st Place: John Reed, Katie O’Connell, Christina Koman; 2nd Place: Luke Lynch; Special Awards: John Reed, Christina Koman. Middle School: 1st Place: Scarlett Hudson, Sophia Henry, Susan Meland; 2nd Place: Lena Sharara, Annamarie Hart, Catherine Cable, Paige Indovina, Catherine Richthammer, Lillian Ebeling-Koning, Emma Kunzmann; 3rd Place: Nathaniel Jernigan; Special Awards: Scarlett Hudson. (Feb 6, 2016)
- Congratulations to 7th grader Benjamin Stalder, who won Aquinas Academy's Geo Bee competition! The Geo Bee is sponsored by the National Geographic Society. Benjamin will now take a qualifying test which determines the top 100 scorers in the state, who will then advance to the state level Bee. Congrats, also, to Chase Harrision, 4th grade, who was runner-up. (Jan 29, 2016)
- Congratulations to Harry Hardman, Alex Riccardi, Louis D’Angelo, Leelah Ohayon, Julia So, and Christina Koman for making Aquinas history by competing in the first ever fencing match! (Jan 2016)
- Congratulations to John Reed, who recently qualified in the 500 Freestyle event for the 2016 WPIAL Swimming Championships. John joins his classmate and fellow swimmer, Ian Schirra, in qualifying for WPIALs for the third year in a row! (Jan 18, 2016)
- Aquinas Academy Robotics Club recently participated for the second time in the Western PA First LEGO® League Grand Championship. For this year’s competition, the teams researched a solution to a real-world problem related to trash and recycling, then designed, built, programmed, and tested autonomous robots using LEGO® Mindstorms technology. Aquinas Academy’s teams placed 11th and 39th out of 73 teams! (Jan 9, 2016)
- Ian Schirra, 11th grade, has qualified for the WPIAL Swimming Championships for the third year in a row! Congratulations, Ian! (Jan 4, 2016)
- Congratulations to Dominic Hite, an Aquinas Academy junior, on earning the rank of Eagle Scout. “Richland teen recognized for Stations of the Cross project that earned him Eagle Scout rank” (Trib Total Media, Dec 14, 2015)
- Paul Adams (2nd Team Defense – Linebacker; 2nd Team Offense – Running Back) and Dom Hite (2nd team Offense – Center) were recognized as All-Section football players for their outstanding play over the course of the past season. They were two of the three students recognized on the Vincentian co-op football team. Congratulations! (November 2015)
- “Eagle Scout projects bring upgrades to Aquinas Academy” (Trib Total Media, Nov 16, 2015)
- Congrats to our All-WPIAL soccer players: Hannah Canil, Robert Phillips, and Joseph Richthammer. These three players were previously named All-Section, along with an All-Section honorable mention for Rachel Phillips and Javier Rubio. Way to go! (November 2015)
- Five of our high school field hockey players have been honored by WPIAL! Congratulations to Jillian Kaercher and Elena Liguori for achieving All-WPIAL status and to Mary Rose Flynn, Molly Maglio, and Caitlin Reed for being recognized with All-WPIAL Honorable Mention. View all of our athletes’ achievements here. (November 2015)
- The High School Talent Show raised $1310 for the Diocesan Mission in Chimbote! The mission’s hospital, which was founded 50 years ago by Pittsburgh native Father Jules Roos, is in need of some renovation and upgrades. Thank you to all who helped in this fundraising effort sponsored by our Campus Ministry and Students of Service club. (November 7, 2015)
- Congratulations to Iain Athey, senior, who recently rowed in the Head of the Ohio, then went on to compete in the prestigious Head of the Charles race in Cambridge, Massachussetts. Iain is a member of Three Rivers Rowing. River Racing Trib Total Media article.(October 2015)
- The Students of Service club bake sale raised over $320 for the Children’s Miracle Network at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Thank you to all who supported the bake sale and to Christina Komen, a sophomore, for organizing this event. (October 2015)
- The girls’ cross country team finished first at the WPIAL Cross Country Championships! Aquinas sophomore Delaney McCarthy and her teammates on the co-op with Vincentian Academy are headed to States for the second year in a row! (Oct 29, 2015)
- Congratulations to the fifth grade on winning the fall Box Tops for Education contest. Thank you to everyone who participated! (October 2015)
- The H.S. Field Hockey team is going to WPIAL playoffs! Read what Sports Town writes about our “solid Aquinas Academy team” in this article: “Field Hockey: Defending Class AA champion Ellis hosts Aquinas” (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Oct 25, 2015)
- The H.S. Boys’ and Girls’ soccer teams both made WPIAL playoffs for the third year in a row! Congratulations to all of our players and best of luck in the playoffs. (October 2015)
- “Innovations in the Classroom” magazine article highlights Aquinas STEM opportunities. (Northern Connection Magazine, Oct 2015)
- For the first time in Vincentian Academy Cross Country history, the high school girls’ team has claimed the title of Section A Champions, with an undefeated record of 9-0. [Read More] Quaker Valley High School was the undefeated champion for the last twelve years, until their streak was beaten by our young Vincentian-Aquinas co-op team of one junior, one sophomore, and three freshmen. Please keep these athletes in your thoughts and prayers on October 29 for the WPIAL Cross Country meet at Cooper's Lake in Slippery Rock. (Oct 7, 2015)
- Congratulations to Leelah Ohayon, the first Aquinas Academy golfer to compete in the WPIAL Golf Qualifiers! (Sep 2015)
- Aquinas is proud to announce that 7 out of 22 students (32%!) in our senior class qualified for National Merit recognition through the PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Program. Congratulations to our National Merit Semifinalists: Elena Liguori, Seth So, and Coby Hudac. These students’ junior PSAT scores placed them in the top 16,000 out of 1.5 million juniors who took the test nationally. Congratulations to our Commended students: Hannah Canil, Mary Rose Flynn, John Kunzmann, and Joseph Richthammer, who were in the top 50,000 scorers. (Sep 2015)
- Congratulations to Aquinas Academy sophomore Delaney McCarthy and Aquinas Academy 8th grade alumna Marissa Canzian, whose H.S. Cross Country team, a co-op with Vincentian Academy, is the 2015 Slippery Rock Invitational Cross Country Champion! (Sep 19, 2015)
- Congratulations to senior, Hannah Canil on her reception of the 2015-16 prestigious Harvard Book Award. [Read More] Hannah is a straight A student taking the most rigorous classes in our demanding curriculum, is a leader in every sport she plays: soccer, basketball, and lacrosse, and is consistently of service to all. Hannah also was accepted and participated in Cornell University’s very selective STEM program, the Curie Academy. Congratulations to Hannah! (Aug 2015)
- “Aquinas Academy celebrates 20th anniversary” (PG Publishing Co., Inc., Aug 21, 2015)
- We are Number 1! Aquinas Academy is ranked at the top of the 2015 Best Catholic High Schools in Pennsylvania and is 29th out of the 2015 Best Catholic High Schools in America! (Aug 2015)
- Aquinas Academy is pleased to begin offering an after school program for the 2015-16 school year. Parents in need of care for their student beyond the school day are invited to meet the new after-day program director, Genny Kozusko, and find out more about the program on Monday evening, May 11th at 5:15pm in Mross–McGonigle Hall. (May 2015)
- “Bishop blesses new Aquinas Academy building.” (Trib Total Media, Mar 30, 2015)
- Aquinas Academy was honored to have Bishop David A. Zubik celebrate Mass with us and then bless Mross-McGonigle Hall. Thank you, Bishop Zubik! View photos of this special occasion here. (Mar 23, 2015)
- Students will start school Tuesday, December 9 in the new Mross-McGonigle Hall which will serve as the new home for high school students. The completed $4.85 million dollar building will provide our growing academy with 15 new classrooms, including two state-of-the-art science labs and an arts wing. Lower and middle school students will use the building for art and music classes. (Dec 9, 2014)
- “Aquinas Academy to open new hall” (Post-Gazette, Oct 30, 2014).
View more photos of the building here.
- “Aquinas Academy recognized for excellence.” (Trib Total Media, Sept 24, 2014)
- Aquinas Head of School, Leslie Mitros, accepts the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! Watch Video (Sept 05, 2014)
- An article was recently published on pages 36-38 in the Fox Chapel Living magazine, featuring Aquinas Academy and alumna Caroline Henry. Aquinas Academy: Handing On the Fruits of Contemplation (August 2014)
- Aquinas Academy Advisory Program is successful due to the attitude of the faculty - April 4th Pittsburgh Catholic article > content of article (April 4, 2010)
Success is in the Details
1 out of 4
Alumni recognized as National Merit Scholars, Finalists, or Commended students.
The National Average is 1 out of 25.
2 out of 3
Graduates of the class of 2016 earned a score of 3 or higher on an AP exam.
of the Class of 2016 received a merit based college scholarship.
of middle school teachers hold a master’s degree.
Ranked the #1 Catholic High School in Pennsylvania by Niche.com in 2016.
One of only seven schools in the nation to receive the Catholic Education School of Excellence Award consecutively since 2005.
96% National Percentile Rank
on 2016 IOWA Exams for Grades 2–8.
Aquinas students score higher than 96% of schools in the nation.
Over $2,000 donated to pro-life charities by Vivat Vita’s “Cakes for Life” in the last five years.
54% of 5th graders participated in the Shakespeare Monologue & Scene Contest in 2016.
70% of High School students play at least one sport and participate in an additional extracurricular activity.
43% played two or more sports
College acceptance rate
Average class size
Student to teacher ratio
Masses offered throughout the school year